The Humanist Association of Toronto
Every Saturday we meet to discuss a topic decided upon the previous week. These are topics of humanist interest, from a humanist perspective.
The topic of the discussion will be decided in a prior meeting, usually two weeks in advance. This week’s topic is: “The Future of Work” by HAT member Karl Iglesias. Join us, won’t you?
Questions to inspire discussion:
• What is the purpose of work?
• Are we meant for work or for leisure? What is the natural state of a
human? Animals don’t work. They hunt, rest, and reproduce.
• Should there be a distinction between work and leisure?
• Are the current conditions a factor in pruning away the work that
doesn’t matter? What work matters and which does not?
• If all your needs were met, would you do your work for free?
Please check out the full write up from Karl Iglesias here: https://tinyurl.com/y3jmerc7
Meet our diverse group, trade perspectives in a free and open forum and learn from others as they learn from you!
BTW: don’t be concerned if there are not many RSVP’s. Many HAT members attend regularly but don’t sign up on Meetup. Our online meetings have been very popular with 20-30 attendees.
NOTE: The HAT Forum adheres strictly to the City of Toronto Policy on Non-Discrimination (https://tinyurl.com/y24qhasp)
Our Website (http://www.humanisttoronto.ca/)