As a member of Humanist Canada, you become part of a growing secular movement that is striving to create a more tolerant world where critical thinking and compassion prevail. As Humanists, we believe that reason and science are the best ways to understand the world around us, and we believe that dignity and compassion should be the basis for how we relate to others.
Becoming a member connects you with like-minded people across the country while expanding our scope and reach.
Join us by becoming a member today.
Are you Humanist?
Many people are Humanists without even knowing it.
If you are non-religious and look to science, reason, empathy and compassion in order to live an ethical and meaningful life, you may be Humanist. Do you believe that:
- There is no concrete evidence of gods or goddesses, therefore they do not exist.
- The purpose of life is to help others and make the world a better place.
- The meaning of life comes from your connections to others and the emotions you feel rather than a higher power who has a plan for us.
- The universe is a natural place and can be best understood through science.
- When you die, death is likely the end because you see no concrete evidence to prove otherwise.
If you answered yes to these 5 questions then you may be a Humanist.
Become a member today.