- Humanism and society (e.g., religious schools, blasphemy laws, climate change, etc.)
- Humanism and well-being (e.g., sexual and reproductive health, dying with dignity, etc.)
- Another Humanist issue (e.g., issues discussed in Humanist International’s Freedom of Thought report https://fot.humanists.international/countries/americas-northern-america/canada/)
- Anyone enrolled in a Canadian educational institution/ Canadian citizen studying abroad
- Junior Category: 17 years old and younger on May 21, 2021
- Senior Category: 18-25 years old on May 21, 2021
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on June 26, 2021:
- Jr & Sr. First Prize Essay: $1,000.
- Jr. & Sr. Second Prize Essay: $750.
- Jr. & Sr. Third Prize Essay: $250.
- Honorable Mention Essays: $50
Word Count/ Authorship/
500-1000 words English/French (not including title/references)
American Psychological Association (https://apastyle.apa.org/)
May 21, 2021 at 11.59 PM PST
|Essay Premise||Does your essay make a specific case, assert a viewpoint, argue a position, or claim a conclusion that is clearly and concisely worded?|
|Essay Justification||Does your essay give reasons why your case, viewpoint, position or conclusion is reasonable and logically derived?|
|Evidential Support||Does your essay cite specific evidence, facts, or research?|
|Essay Defense||Does your essay discuss the views and arguments of those who may disagree with your case, viewpoint or conclusion?|
|Essay Clarity||Is your essay free of spelling errors or grammatical errors?|