Humanist Canada welcomes the affiliation of like-minded local groups and offers opportunities to become involved in national initiatives and to apply for funds to hold local events to raise awareness about Humanism. Click here to complete the Online Affiliation Agreement.
Read about our new Humanist Canada Initiative for our affiliates.
The mission of Humanist Canada is to promote the separation of religion from public policy and foster the development of reason, compassion and critical thinking for all Canadians through secular education and community support.
To do this we encourage the efforts of Humanists and Humanism focused organizations in Canada and encourage such groups to affiliate with us on this mission.
To affiliate with Humanist Canada (HC), the applicant group must:
- support the vision, mission, and values statement of Humanist Canada
- share the Humanist philosophy and principles of the Amsterdam Declaration
- agrees to pay an annual affiliate group fee of $60.00
- be interested in raising the awareness of Humanism in Canada
- supply a copy of their principles, objects, or bylaws to the HC office
- allow Humanist Canada to offer membership to their members annually
- be accepted for Affiliation by Humanist Canada Board of Directors
Benefits of Affiliation with Humanist Canada
- will have opportunities to collaborate on joint projects of local and national scope
- will have access to available Humanist Canada resources to promote Humanism as well as networking, training opportunities and webinars,
- will receive updates on local and national events
- will remain autonomous in their governance including collecting their own fees
- Members and future members of the affiliated organization will receive complimentary first year membership to Humanist Canada.
- Download the Humanist Canada Affiliate Resource Manual.
Online Affiliation Agreement
Complete the Online Affiliation Agreement below OR Print / Download the Affiliation Agreement to mail in.