We support the efforts of Humanists and Humanism-focused organizations in Canada and encourage such groups to affiliate with us; we all have much to learn about serving Humanists and we support each other’s efforts in promoting Humanism initiatives.
Benefits of Affiliation with Humanist Canada
All groups accepted for affiliation will:
- Have the opportunity to collaborate on joint projects of local and national scope.
- Gain exposure through Humanist Canada resources to promote local Humanist events.
- Obtain access to networking, training opportunities and webinars.
- Apply for funds to hold local events to raise awareness about Humanism.
- Get updates on local and national events.
- Receive complimentary one-year memberships to Humanist Canada for all members of the organization.
- Remain autonomous in their governance, including collecting their own fees.
Affiliated groups also gain access to our ability to provide charitable tax receipts for specific Humanist projects.
To become a Humanist Canada affiliate, the applicant group must:
- Support the vision, mission and values statement of Humanist Canada.
- Share the Humanist philosophy and principles of the Amsterdam Declaration.
- Be active in raising awareness of Humanism.
- Supply a copy of their principles or bylaws.
- Allow Humanist Canada to offer membership to their members annually.
The annual affiliate group fee is $100.
Online Affiliation Agreement
Complete the Online Affiliation Payment (click the button below) then Print / Download the Affiliation Agreement to mail in.