We support the efforts of Humanists and Humanism-focused organizations in Canada and encourage such groups to affiliate with us – we all have much to learn about serving Humanists and we support each other’s efforts in promoting Humanism initiatives.
Benefits of Affiliation with Humanist Canada
All groups accepted for affiliation will receive the following benefits from Humanist Canada:
- A one-time, one-year complimentary membership for all members of the Affiliate group
- Inclusion of the Affiliate’s contact information on the HC website
- Preferred, and when applicable, discounted access to HC events including webinars, courses and workshops
- The Affiliate may have input regarding HC’s programs, where applicable
- Quarterly online forum with other Affiliates
- Subscription to the HC Newsletter
Requirements to be an Affiliate
- Support the vision, mission, and values statement of HC
- Share the Humanist philosophy and principles of the Amsterdam Declaration.
- Raise the awareness of Humanism locally and in Canada
- Host regular meetings
- Be approved by the Humanist Canada Board of Directors
The annual affiliate group fee is $200.
Complete and sign an Affiliate Agreement and make payment of the Affiliate fee.
Upon receipt of the Affiliate Agreement, the Humanist Canada Board will review your application and will contact you to confirm your Affiliate status.